Sunday, 2 November 2008

Magnolia Vs Stampavie Challenge Blog Week 1

Oh my goodness, so here we are, a different challenge blog and a super duper design team (I can't believe that I even made it on this one) I am so going to miss the design teams from Tilda and Sarah Kay though. I never find enough time to blog hop anymore but I really hope to look in on you all as I will miss your work terribly.

This is my piece for this weeks wonderful sketch by Jay Jay. Such a great layout and fabulous for concertina cards (which mine was going to be until I changed it at the last minute).


I used the X-cut shape cutter to make the curve, embossed and inked this before folding. The image was coloured using Prismacolors and cut out using nestabilities. I have added tiny amounts of stickles to the dots on the paper and some of the flowers. The edges of the paper were inked using distress inks.

Materials:
Paper - Basic Gray
Cardstock - Bazzill
Stamp - Rachelle Anne Miller - Playtime
Ribbon - Poppicrafts
Flowers - Prima
Brads - Queen & Co

8 comments:

Stitchinwitch said...

That looks great. I love the stamp you used

Sandra said...

Fab card. Love the bright colours. Warms my day just looking at it.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Kim Piggott said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Love your image and lovely papers.
Well done on being on the DT!
kim x

Pauline C said...

Hi Lorraine ... hope you are well. Gorgeous card - love the colours and the papers.
Pauline x
PS I've made it onto a DT now .. woohoo!! Hope you'll find time to pop over and peek :-)

100drine said...

Magnifique carte

Helen said...

Fab card! Love the backing paper, and that stamp is soooo cute!
Helen x

CraftyC said...

A stunning card Lorraine, I lopve the colours you have used on the stamp, I want one now!!
Clairex

Kathleen said...

Love this card Lorraine - esp the turtle image!
BTW you've been tagged!!
Have a look at my blog for the details.
Kathleen xx