Thursday 3 April 2008

Ribbons...

Something I really struggle with, apart from adding bows I rarely use them. I found Poppicrafts blog after placing an order with them (some lovely things on there) which got me to thinking...

As a child I always had my hair plaited with ribbons running through them. I was always being told off for rummaging through my mother's ribbon box. I made tents using an old sheet and the clothes horse, and then decorated my "new home" by draping ribbons all over it! So why do I not know how to use them now? Beats me!

This is something I made using ribbons a little differently to try to emulate the lace on a fancy bra. There is a cancer connection to this card but thats another story (and not mine to tell).

I stamped the image and decoupaged it up, then pierced the bra so that I could thread the ribbon through. The pegs are made from balsa wood and sanded to shape. The cat is stamped on a velour Fablon and chalked.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fantabulous card! Very original and love the story about when you were younger. We all played with ribbon, when we were little didnt we. It takes me back to when me and my brother used to make camps. I wouldve never been allowed to decorate mine though, my brother wouldve soon taken the ribbon down. Thanks for joining in, Mich xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love this image. Have done it in cross stitch and have it as a stamp now.
Your work is fantastic.

Christine said...

really lovely!
little angel
http://lepetitmondedechristine.over-blog.com

tracey said...

this is a lovely card with fantastic detailing, the bra looks great and i would love to get this stamp not.

Sammie said...

How fabulous is this???? I love the sewn thru' ribbon look on the bra. Brilliant!
Your story sounded just like me and my sister when we were kids. I'd completely forgotten so thanks for reviving old memories! And I can't do ribbon either!!!
I must make a card for this challenge as I adore Michelle and actually bought some ribbon a month or so ago after seeing one of her super lacy and ribbony creations -but I just can't make it happen. Visit me to see if I manage?!?!?
Love,
SammieJay x